Experience the Kafue National Park and its natural diversity with the ‘Kafue: Into the Wild’ safari package.
This 6 night tailor-made safari allows you to experience two beautiful, yet vastly different, areas of the Kafue, staying at Musekese Camp, along with Kaingu Safari Lodge. This trip is perfect for those wanting to explore the wilderness of the Kafue National Park, or as a week long addition to a larger safari.
Brief Safari Overview: Beginning and ending in Zambias’ capital city Lusaka, the Kafue Into the Wild package takes you three nights each to Musekese Camp in the northern and Kaingu Safari Lodge in the central area of the Kafue National Park.
Secluded away in remote areas of the Kafue National Park, you can enjoy accommodation in an authentic bush camp nestled amongst trees overlooking an immense dambo and in boutique tented chalets hugging the Kafue River, famous for its island and rock formations.
Experience one of Africa’s finest walking safaris at Musekese and stunning river locations at Kaingu.
Discover wildlife and birding species by game drive, boating, and walking safaris, add canoeing, fishing or island sleepouts at Kaingu. The highly experienced guiding teams enable you to have a customized safari, tailored in your requirements as much as possible.
Both camps are built with minimal impact to the environment, run in an eco and socially sustainable manner.
1-3rd night: MUSEKESE CAMP, northern sector Kafue NP walking safaris, boating safaris, morning/afternoon and all day game drives, birding walks, photographic hides
4-6th night: KAINGU SAFARI LODGE, central sector Kafue NP river cruises, canoeing, fishing, nature & rock walks, morning/afternoon and all day game drives, photographic hides, island breakfasts, – sleep outs and rapids dinners.
Availability & Cost:
- 1st May to 30th June and November: low season rate: $3,160 per person
- 1st July to 31st October: high season rate: $3,820 per person
Duration: 6 Nights:
- 1st-3rd night: MUSEKESE CAMP, northern sector Kafue NP
- 4th-6th night: KAINGU SAFARI LODGE, central sector Kafue NP
Includes: Accommodation, transfers*, meals & snacks, local drinks, laundry service, activities, 10% service charge, Kafue community and conservation bed night levy, Kafue National Park entry fees.
- Rates are per person, sharing. Enquire for Single supplement details.
- Arrival & Departure option included in above rate:
- *Arranged road transfers to and fro Lusaka & between camps
- Fly In or Self Drive options available. Enquire for rates and itinerary.
- Rate inclusions: as listed above.
- Rate exclusions: premium drinks, international airfares, travel insurance.
- Good physical condition is recommended for the canoeing and walking safaris.