5 Days KaingU Canoe Trail
01st March to 31st October 2018 International Package including local transfers .
What makes the KaingU Canoe Trail so special:
- Peace and solitude of the Kafue River
- Gliding past riverine forest, birdlife and wildlife
- Add some excitement & action through rapids
- Unique landscape: hundreds of islands, channels, boulders & rapids
Arrive at KaingU Safari Lodge, No. 1* in the Kafue, and enjoy delicious food, friendly staff, cosy tents, special service and activities customized to your interests. On your canoe trail explore the most magnificent stretch of the Kafue river in Zambia’s largest National Park and overnight on an island. Experience wildlife, game drive and walk: remote and exclusive, you will feel like you are alone in paradise.
4 Night Package:
- Day 1: Arrival: KaingU Safari Lodge road transfer (5hrs) from Lusaka to KaingU Safari Lodge, accommodation in tented chalet, afternoon activity: boatcruise / naturewalk / game drive
- Day 2: KaingU Canoe Trail starting on a wide & slow flowing stretch of the river, north of the lodge. Stop for a Granite-boulder picnic and overnight on an island; accommodation in dome-tent.
- Day 3: KaingU Canoe Trail after breakfast continue canoeing south through a myriad of channels & islands. A picnic followed by a siesta in hammocks, island exploration & more canoeing; return to the lodge by vehicle
- Day 4: KaingU Canoe Trail enjoy a morning game drive / walk / lie in. After a siesta start canoeing from the lodge heading south through the rapids and Izhibakamnwale channels; return to the lodge by vehicle
- Day 5: Departure: Lusaka road transfer from KaingU to Lusaka (or enquire about other destinations)
- Add: We can book your accommodation in Lusaka for your day of arrival / departure at either Pioneer Camp or Latitude 15°
Canoe Trails run by specialist canoe & wildlife guides.
Package rate per person: USD 2,290 3Nights KaingU, 1Night Island sleep out, road transfers Lusaka-KaingU & back
Rate includes: Accommodation, all meals, local & hot drinks, snacks, laundry service and activities as well as the National Park fees, service charge and road transfer to and from Lusaka – KaingU.
Rate excludes: international flights, travel insurance
- All rates include Zambian VAT
- Unfortunately no Children under the age of 12 can be booked on this package.
- Our policy is to avoid single supplements. However, a single supplement of $390 applies for this
- Package rate for the road transfer only
- Maximum of 4 participants on any canoe trail
- Good physical condition is required for the canoeing
- Add an extra night at KaingU for only $390