Elegance on the diverse Busanga Plains
Located on a tree island in the centre of the breathtaking Busanga Plains is stylish Shumba Camp. Its six luxury tented units are spacious, en-suite with both indoor and outdoor showers, and all raised on wooden platforms with spectacular views of the surrounding plains.
The bar and dining area is shaded by spectacular fig trees and boasts magnificent vistas over the open wildlife-rich plains. Dinner takes place either on the deck or in the cosy boma, along with a little Zambian culture while the camp’s main deck is a perfect place to star gaze or relax after your evening meal. The area is a magnet for a wealth of plains game, followed by lion, wild dog and cheetah.
- Meaning ‘lion’, Shumba is aptly named after the prides of lion seen in the area
- The Plains are home to hundreds of red lechwe, puku, roan and oribi
- Sail over the Plains in a hot air balloon – the most exclusive wildlife ballooning in Africa
- Day Game Drives
- Night Game Drives
- Outdoor pool
- Solar Power
We are sorry, there are no reviews yet for this accommodation.
Kafue National Park
Kafue National Park, one of the largest in Africa, has many varied habitats: the Kafue, Lufupa and Lunga rivers with adjoining peaceful stretches of riverine vegetation, dambos and wetlands, extensive miombo woodland with seasonal floodplains and swampland in the north. Owing to this diversity, Kafue is blessed in wildlife.
- Kafue epitomises all the remote, wild and diverse characteristics of the Zambian wilderness
- The vast Busanga Plains are perhaps the prime wildlife viewing destination in the country
- Despite its remoteness, Kafue is easily accessible from both Lusaka and Livingstone